Saturday, February 23, 2008

the basics

Seeing as I'm new to all this, I figured I'd give those of you who might be reading this a basic run down of what I'm doing here and who I am. So what I'm doing here. Well, I started off 2008 with the mantra "2008 - it's gonna be great!"...in other words, I wanted to be a lot more positive than I had been. If you'd known me at any time in my life from the age of 3 to presently, you'd probably posit I'm a relatively pessimistic individual. But that's a different story for a different time. Anyhow, I wasn't being very positive in 2008 and so just a few days ago my girlfriend (we will call her K) and I had a chat. I'd heard about her blog before and we'd agreed I wouldn't read it. It was her time and space to write down how she felt without anyone passing judgment. After our chat though (another story...don't worry, I'll share that one in just a bit), she shared with me one of her blog entries and it inspired me to get one of my own. I told her about it and she suggested not only do I write in it privately as she does, but I should also write down one positive thing that happens each day. So, that is what has brought me here.

So, who am I? Well you could label me lots of things - woman, almost-20-year-old, Christian, Lesbian, student, teacher's aide, daughter, girlfriend, sorority girl (not in that order). Well I'm feeling not so creative anymore so I think I'll stop writing. Plus I have some homework to get to. Until later...

me

Today's Positive Thought: I am loved

No comments: